Sunday, March 28, 2010

NYC Half Marathon


Wow, it has been a while since I have been on this page. I am sure I have been missed, but I am going to make it a thing to make sure and come back at least once a week. I mean I started this blog to inform people of life and things in general and I have fallen off the bandwagon.
During that break I did something pretty out of this world people, well at least for me.... I ran the NYC half marathon!!!! And boy was it the hardest thing I have ever done. I ran it through the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, I raised a little over 1800 thanks to the support of my family and friends.
Let me tell you about this race people, it starts off in central park where you run a little over 8 miles, the invisible hills I must say are the killers as I ran up and down up and down, all I could think to myself was man I should have trained more in the park. At mile 8 you take a left out of the park towards 57th and 7 and run towards TIME SQUARE! yes you heard that correctly, I ran through the busiest tourist area in NYC. It was just absolutely amazing, during the times square run they had broadway performances and some bands playing for a second there I forgot I was running. All the entertainment and the lights defintely subsided the pain my hips were providing me with.
At mile 10 you take another left unto the westside highway where you run towards the finish line, and this is the moment I have to give a shout out to my two very amazing pacers Joseph and Katie, if it was not for there support I would have jumped on the yellow bus and called it a day, instead with their help, I ran to chambers street and collected my medal!
Here's to challenges without them we would never know what we are capable of, but most importantly this one was for all those effected by cancer and those that have died....you all give me the inspiration to keep going and try to push myself the extra mile.

No comments: